Thanks to the generosity of our members, 2016-2017 Annual Campaign raised almost $470,000 from 340 families. Those dollars have been a necessity in helping meet our annual operating budget, as Dues and High Holiday income represent only a portion of our operating revenue.
We want to continue to offer innovative and meaningful programs for our members. We DO NOT turn away anyone in our community due to financial hardship and remain committed to making certain every age group (adults, children, parents and seniors) has a place at Shearith.
Donations of any amount are accepted and can be one time contributions or debited monthly. Our 2017-2018 Annual Campaign runs through the end of June 2018 and donations can be made online through our secure payment portal.
When you donate $1,000+ you can designate where the funds are directed, to accommodate the area that is most meaningful to you: Religious School, Family Center, Adult Education, the Kesher Program or Ritual Programs:
The primary goal of the Weitzman Family Religious School Program is to enable our children to develop an understanding and appreciation of themselves as Jews and of the heritage and culture that accompanies that knowledge. Through formal and informal education opportunities, we strive to stimulate and reinforce a positive lasting relationship between the student, the family, the synagogue, the Jewish people and to assist the student in taking his/her place in the Jewish community.
The CSI Family Center is dedicated to enriching and nurturing your family’s Jewish identity and family values. This unique project in the Dallas Jewish Community targets CSI families and the Jewish community at large with newborns to children of 8 years of age. Age and family appropriate programs are designed to meet the needs of our diverse population and enhance your CSI experience on a religious, social and educational level.
Congregation Shearith Israel is a synagogue for lifelong learners. We have a wide range of Adult Education opportunities including year-long courses, drop-in classes that meet weekly, guest speakers and more. We have an Adult Education Commission whose mission is to maximize the adult learning opportunities in our community. We strive to have multiple points of entry into Jewish learning.
The Kesher Program supports students with special needs to maximize their religious school education. Social and academic progress is closely monitored and personalized goals are set for students.
Your generosity has supported and will continue to facilitate some of our most popular and meaningful initiatives, including:
- A monthly Shabbat B’yachad service with music, followed by a low cost or complimentary Shabbat dinner for our congregation.
- Vital programming to engage young families through our Family Center, such as our innovative bi-monthly Shababa Service, welcoming Shabbat with song and joy.
- An innovative enrichment program called R & R (Refill your tank and Refresh your soul), geared to young parents, who get to relax and receive parenting inspiration while their children are in Hebrew School.
- Scholar-in-Resident weekends, Adult Education Programs and Holiday Celebrations, including our much anticipated Purim Festival.
- Significantly underwriting our Religious School and its educational programming on an annual basis.
- Increasing and enhancing all areas of security for the synagogue.