Celebrate Shabbat surrounded by family, friends and the great outdoors!
Celebrate Shabbat with the Family Center community surrounded by the stunning landscape at Greene Family Camp! Strengthen bonds with friends old and new, eat delicious food, escape the city and recharge for the month ahead. There will be quality time to enjoy as a family along with time to hang out with adults only. This is the getaway you’ve been waiting for!
Led by: Shira Wallach, Adam Roffman, Sarah Lipinsky, Malka Amster, Sarah Katz, and Hannah Roffman
Get excited for:
- Joyful and inspiring Shabbat prayer experiences for the whole family on Friday evening and Shabbat morning
- Lots to do on Shabbat afternoon (PJ Library Story Walk, scavenger hunt, family relay race) or lots of free time to nap!
- Amazing Havdalah with singing and S’MORES around the campfire!
- Adults-only Friday night oneg (BYOB, nosh, games) and Saturday night hangout around the campfire!
- Hospitality room available at all times with plenty of refreshments, toys, and PJ Library books
- Shabbat-O-Gram Station on Friday afternoon: send sweet notes to a new friend!
- And much, much more!
All-inclusive price, including lodge rooms, kosher meals and snacks, programs, and more from Friday afternoon until Sunday breakfast:
Regular: $145/adult, $100/child over 4, children 4 and under are FREE.
Non-member: $175/adult, $120/child over 4, children 4 and under are FREE.
If you wish to attend and need additional financial assistance, funds are available for you! Email Rabbi Wallach at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have any questions? Want to help vision/plan? Get in touch!
–Arrive between 3:30 and 4:30pm on Friday. We will light candles a bit before 5:00pm.
–Greene Family Camp provides motel-style housing. Each room has two twin beds and a bathroom with an upright shower or a shower with a tub. Some rooms have a connecting door to an adjacent room; families with more than one child will receive priority on those. You’ll want to bring pillows, linens, blankets, and a pack-n-play if necessary. A full packing list will be sent to those who register.
–We will facilitate parallel activities so that kids of all ages will feel loved and engaged. Parents will also get special attention after you put your kids to bed. Our staff will monitor the rooms and will come get you if your kids wake up.
–Food will be vegetarian and will not be cooked on Shabbat.
–We’ll end Sunday morning around 9:30am.