Congregation Shearith Israel and The Weitzman Family Religious School is thankful for the generous support of the Gladys Golman/Faye Dallen Special Needs fund.
Kesher in Hebrew means connection. The Kesher Program facilitates connections for all individuals with all capabilities. Whether it is creating success plans with the Religious School, special accommodations during the B’nai Mitzvah process, or a strong sense of belonging within our Shearith community, this program will cater to all needs.
A peek inside the Kesher Room
Individualized Success Plans
– We provide Shadows within the Religious School to accommodate students who need assistance.
– Conduct weekly Shadow training and monthly sensitivity training for Religious School Teachers in order to maximize student success.
– 1 on 1 Hebrew Tutoring to get students up to reading grade level
– Universal communication among Klei Kodesh, Kesher Program and Religious School Staff
– A calm space provided for individuals who may feel overwhelmed or overstimulated in a group setting
– Room equipped with therapeutic materials
– Continues to evolve for the needs of our community
For more information about the Kesher Program, contact Sarah Lipinsky at firstname.lastname@example.org, Kesher Coordinator.