19th Annual Tootsie Fonberg z”l
Mah Jongg Tournament
at Congregation Shearith Israel
Sunday January 14, 2018
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
$45 entitles you to four rounds of play and lunch.
Prizes will be awarded to the top finishers.
Prices increase after December 29th, 2017.
For questions or more information contact Event Chairs,
Debbie Weinstein email@example.com or Shayna McKim firstname.lastname@example.org
SISterhood Women’s Shabbat
Friday, January 26, 2018 @ 6:00 pm
“Judaism is Calling:
From Rotary Phone to iPhone — Let’s Talk”
SISterhood’s third annual, Women of Note Speaker
Judge Barbara Lynn
Sunday, March 25, 2018 @ 12:00 noon
A graduate of the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University. Judge Lynn was in private law practice from 1976 to 1999, when she was nominated to the U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Texas by President Bill Clinton, to fill the seat vacated by Harry Barefoot Sanders, Jr.
In 2016 she became the Chief Judge of the NORTHERN District of Texas, the first woman to hold that position. She has been the presiding judge in several notable cases in the Dallas area, including the case of former Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Don Hill, and the case of Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price.
SISterhood Special Interest Groups (SIGs) –
- Book Club – meets monthly @ Barnes & Noble, Preston Royal
- Jan 7, 2018 “I am My Brother’s Keeper” by Weiss & Weiss
- Feb 4, 2018 “My Jewish Year” by Abigail Pogrebin
- Mar 4, 2018 “Ester and Ruzya” by Masha Gessen
- Apr 8, 2018 “Weight of Ink” by Rachel Kadish
- May 6, 2018 “The Last Woman Standing” by Thelma Adams
- Jun 3, 2018 “Twenty-six Seconds” by Alexandra Zapruder
- Contact Diane Lifshen, email@example.com for more information.
- Yarn Yentas – meets monthly @ Whole Foods, Preston Forest
- Contact Lita Marishak, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Lunch Bunch – meets monthly at eateries all across Dallas/Plano
- Contact Susan Schackman, email@example.com for upcoming dates/places.
- Cultural Programs – events planned around the Metroplex
- Contact Janice Statman, firstname.lastname@example.org for upcoming outings.
Watch for Membership Appreciation Events – coming Fall 2017 and Spring 2018