Thank you for your interest in Congregation Shearith Israel.
The simple act of joining Shearith Israel can bring new energy to your spiritual sense of well-being.
It is an acknowledgement that Shearith Israel is your community, its Rabbis are your Rabbis,
and its sanctuary is your space.
Membership at Shearith Israel includes:
- Special rates for classes, dinners, retreats, and events
- Rabbinic support for lifecycle events and in times of difficulty
- Having a chupah and kedushin performed in the synagogue
- Group orientations for new members
- Vibrant Hebrew School
- Having a bar/bat mitzvah
- Affordable Dues Plan ensuring no one will be turned away based on financial considerations
- Admission to High Holy Day services
- Voting at membership meetings
- Serve on a standing committee
Types of Membership
Membership at Shearith Israel is open to Jewish persons and their spouse/partner and children.
People of other faiths may not join individually but may be included in a Family Membership if their spouse/partner is Jewish. Membership spans the one-year period July 1, 2012-June 30, 2013.
Members choose one of the following membership categories:
- Benefactor - We offer four levels of Benefactor dues; Mensch, Supporter, Partner and Patron. Our voluntary Benefactor structure helps us provide assistance to those who cannot contribute at the full dues level. It is our hope that those congregants that are financially able will choose one of our Benefactor dues levels.
- Individual - Single member with or without children.
- Family - Married couple or two individuals living together in a partnered relationship, with or without children.
- Kehillah - For members between the ages of 21-29. Join the JCC and Congregation Shearith Israel for one affordable price. Participants will receive full-membership privileges at the JCC, including the fitness center, plus a membership at Congregation Shearith Israel.
- Associate Membership - For those living outside of the Metroplex area or beyond commuting distance from the synagogue.
Admission to High Holy Day Services
Membership dues at Shearith Israel do not include seat tickets to the High Holy Day services. Exceptions include: those paying Benefactor Dues at the Patron Level are entitled to two complimentary seat tickets and Individual and Family memberships for ages 30 and under are not charged for High Holy Day tickets (Main Sanctuary permanent seating and Beck Sanctuary are not included).